Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Milwaukee Machine Quilting Show

Today was my first day of classes at the Milwaukee Machine Quilting Show. This is only the second year that this Show is taking place. I signed up for 8 (EIGHT) classes! I drove into Milwaukee this morning, and I had my first class with Dawn Cavanaugh. Dawn is an award winning teacher, and, as a bonus, she calls me to help me fix my machine when it is down. She is the Education Direction of APQS. The class was so involved that I forgot to take a picture of her. Hopefully I'll run into her again in the next two days.

My second class was with Dusty Farrell! It was all about his 'radical' rulers! Very cool. I had bought the rulers sometime ago, and I thought that I might as well learn how to use them. His new book is making it's debut tomorrow!n Here are some samples of Dusty's work:


It's pretty cool!  

And, guess what, the first person I saw this morning was my German girl Claudia Pfeil! I hope she wins a ton of ribbons with her Mermaid quilt! Tomorrow night is Preview Night. I'm hoping to post lots of pictures of very cool quilts!



No comments:

Post a Comment