Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blue Underground - In and Out

I'm under pressure to finish a quilt for the AID (Association for Individual Development) auction. I started piecing the top. The pattern is from Blue Underground, In and Out with the Dupioni Silk kit from Brewer. The silk is gorgeous, but ravels something fierce. I used interfacing, Bi-Stretch Lite (thanks Mark Lipinski for the suggestion), but it still ravels. Here is what I could finish so far, they are the "IN" blocks:




Isn't the silk 'lucious'? And, I'm sure, my retreat girls appreciate the fact that I'm doing this at home, and they don't have all the silk threads on their fabrics. Hopefully I can post a picture of the finished top tomorrow.

On another note, John is trying to clean out his room. He took 'stuff' over to Casey's house to sell it at her garage sale. I think he sold the mannequins. If anybody is interested in a music organ, you can get it for free!



2 comments: