Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Yes, I blinked!

How can it already by November? And a wind chill of 10 below? Didn't we just swim in the pool the other day?

We celebrated Fran's Birthday in July with a trip to the Blackberry Farm so Simon could ride the train and the tractors.




A trip to the City with Dan is always on the agenda in Summer, so we can ride the water taxi.




Of course, Fall wouldn't be the same without a retreat at the Hampton Inn.



We also enjoyed a great evening out with Fran and Luke to see the Million Dollar Quartet at the Apollo Theater.



John visited from LA to pick up his car and drive it across the country.  We enjoyed a nice  lunch at JuRin to celebrate his birthday.


October was extremely hectic. First we had a retreat (should have had that at the end of October!). As always, I get a lot of sewing done.  But it was always on my mind that I had to finish two big Judy Niemeyer quilts within the next two weeks for Anthology Fabrics. They were to hang in their Houston Quilt Market booth.




While I was working on those two quilts, Klaus and Ursel were visiting from Germany.  They are just so much fun to be with. I hope they didn't feel too neglected because of my working in the studio.  We went to the City for Klaus' 70th birthday dinner. And, of course, we went to Ditka's.




We also had an Oktoberfest evening at the Brauhaus so Klaus and Toni could meet again (after 30 years!).
How fun! Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures when we had a barbecue evening at Bob and Donna's house. Great food and great company!

October also brought the Prairie Star Quilters Guild biennual show. As always, wonderful quilts, vendors, and Elaine's pulled pork! Can't beat that.



Leanne's Autumn Applique Quilt won Best of Show. All in all, my customers received Best of Show, one First Place, two second Place ribbons. I'm so honored that they chose me to finish their quilts.


Then it was time to head to Houston for Fall Quilt Market to meet up with my friends Anne Garner and her sister Linda Crawshaw from England, and from Florida Cathleene Tokish and her friend Kim, and Maureen Capps.  I also had a nice evening with Astrid Oberhauser from Basel.  Schoolhouse and Sample Spree are always fun, the exhibit was fabulous as always.  Leanne had one of her quilts displayed, but there was no photography allowed.

The red and white quilt display was extraordinary.




And now we're into November! Oma was visiting for a couple of weeks. Time was flying by, but she'll be back again.


She was here for Halloween, but we only had one trick or treator at the door. Unfortunately I had to eat all the left over candies myself.

Simon was a dinosaur this year, with his parents guarding him.  I made the dinosaur costume 25 years ago for our John. Memories ....







No comments:

Post a Comment