Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Shoemaker

It has been over two months since I posted last. A lot has happened.

My Dad passed away on December 23rd. He had just celebrated his 88th birthday on December 4th, and he seemed to be in good spirits. But, he ended up in the hospital and after 10 days sadly passed away the day before Christmas Eve. I do think Christmas Eve was always one of his favorite holidays. He used to decorate the tree for us, ring the little bell, and announced that Christkindle has been here to bring us our gifts. So many memories. He still lived in the house he was born in, and enjoyed watching village life on main street from the balcony.


Christmas was bittersweet, but we enjoyed it very much with a baby in the house!










Happy 2014!


I went to Germany for my Dad's funeral and to help my Mom with a couple of things, but, thankfully, my brother and my sister live close by.





I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days with my brother, his family and my sister and her boyfriend in the Swiss Alps to regroup and enjoy each other's company.








My Mom turned 81 on January 20, and in no time January was over! We celebrated Dan's birthday on February 6, and also wished Casey a Happy Birthday two days later!

Here are some samples of  quilts I finished for my wonderful customers:










Eagerly awaiting Quilt Retreat starting on Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment