Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Joys of Babysitting

I know I have been absent from this blog for quite some time. My laptop died and I still can't figure out how to blog from my iPad. If anybody knows, please e-mail me! I'm working on this old dinosaur laptop my husband 'loaned' me! He actually thinks it's perfectly fine! NOT!

I started my babysitting adventure mid May for my precious grandson Simon, this 'stint' lasted until the end of June. I 'commuted' to the City every day; except for Monday and Friday morning, travel times on the toll ways and express ways were quite long. My daughter Franziska is a 2nd grade teacher at Peck Elementary in Chicago and had to go back to work for 6 weeks until her summer break started end of June.

Simon and I had so much fun. We strolled around Roscoe Village and North Center daily; once we discovered Dinkel's Bakery we were regulars! We checked out some of the Chicago Blackhawks players' houses (and no, we don't want to be called 'stalkers'!). Fellger Park in Roscoe Village was a great place to hang out and meet other grandmas and nannies. I have never seen so many strollers in one place! We also (re)discovered a German restaurant and tried it out on a Friday night. Food was good, and so was the beer. We'll be back.
Laschet's Inn

Mother's Day
 
Tummy Time

Montrose Beach

Styling in German Jeans

Rock and Play, my favorite place

Dinkel's Bakery

Outing on a cool Spring Day


Roscoe Village

Going out to lunch with Grandpa

Love my fist

North Center

Getting tired

North Center

Let's go stroll

Of course, we checked Uncle John and Aunt Casey's place every day to make sure they watered their flowers. It's right around the corner from Fran and Luke's place. We just fell in love with Roscoe Village.

We met lots of nice doggies too! They loved Simon!

Mothers' Day was celebrated at the Hyatt O'Hare with Fran, Luke, John, Casey, Dan, Dieter and I. We love their brunch. This time it was special because it was Fran's first Mother's Day. Simon behaved very well, and we will hopefully be back next year. This was the first year Dan wanted to join us for brunch, he is in love with Simon and a great uncle.




Uncle John and Aunt Casey's Place
 
My blankee


3 months old
Tummy Time

Roscoe Village

Fellger Park

Montrose Beach, Lake Michigan
 Of course, we also celebrated Father's Day in June. Dad Luke and Grandpa Dieter had a great day! They are so proud!



4 comments:

  1. Nice blog Elvira. What a nice area of Chicago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's hard for me to write, English being my second language! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful showing of pictures. It sounds like you had such a wonderful time. Simon is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed it very much! He is so much fun.

      Delete