Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coming Full Circle

I met with a new  customer today. She invited me to come to her house and take pictures of a quilt  she bought in 2001 at an auction at our High School.

My son was attending St. Charles North at that time. I think I made the quilt for the music department auction. It was a  Stack'n'Whack pattern with the High School logo. My friend Nancy had just shown me how to do 'bobbin' work with silver ribbon.

I had cut out the fabrics, then realizing the pieces were all wrong. I had to go back to the store to get more fabrics the next day. I was brave enough to ask if they were looking for help. I was hired! This is how my 'Quilt Shop Odyssey' started. I worked there for 9 years, then started my Longarm Business 3 years ago! And loving it!





Karen Flood is donating the quilt back to the school.




1 comment:

  1. OMG! I totally remember that day! You were the lifesaver that made owning a quilt shop fun and (mostly) easy. The year you were out because of the accident showed me how truly invaluable you were. So glad your longarm business is so successful.

    ReplyDelete