Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Been Awhile

 Last week was a busy week. My Mom had back surgery. I would have liked to be there but my brother handled everything very well. Thank God he lives right around the corner from the hospital. Mom is back home, and will have rehab at home until she leaves for the 'Reha Klinik in Bad Duerheim'  to get back into shape. The surgery seems to have been a success. The back pain is gone!

We also celebrated my birthday and our 32nd anniversary of coming to the United States, and this year will be our 10th year of being a Citizen of this country!

I had lunch with girl friends, dinner with friends  and dinner with the family. I treated myself to a visit to a local quilt show. I received a wonderful bouquet of roses from my husband. All in all I enjoyed being spoiled.

I love April and May, lots of birthdays to celebrate, and, of course, Mother's Day and Dieter's birthday are coming up!

Another highlight was the visit of one of my favorite authors 'Marie Bostwick'  at the Batavia Library. She's a wonderful writer and speaker.  Her newest book came out last week. It's on my Kindle!



Of course, I couldn't take a break from quilting. Here are some pictures of the quilts I finished for customers:













2 comments:

  1. Congrats to all those wonderful reasons for celebration ;-)) And keeping my fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery of your mom!! Take care, Frauke

    ReplyDelete