Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Grandma Wilhelmina (Minnie) and my Grandpa Johann


I have been looking all over the house for the pair of little boots my Dad made for me when I was 3 years old (or so). I can't find them anywhere! I remember showing them to somebody; I hope they'll show up eventually.

But, instead I found this beautiful picture of my grandparents. Weren't they a handsome couple? My Grandma was from the Zurich area (Switzerland), and my Grandpa lived in a village in Germany, right on the Swiss border. I remember visiting his Family (cousins)  every year on All Saints Day. And my Dad would drive Grandma  to Switzerland, after he dropped us off, to visit her family. My Mom would stay home (probably enjoying a day all to herself) and clean the store and the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment